Friday, April 1, 2016

Just Accept It.



Ahh yes, the green-eyed monster rears its ugly head. Envy. There used to be a time I couldn't go anywhere without seeing something I wish I had. I'm talking hair people. I'd go to school, the mall, even church and be  envious of my fellow sister because I felt, she had better hair than me. I'd wonder what products she uses, and who does her hair, and if her hair was even real?  I'd look in the mirror and let out a heavy sigh and say, "why can't I have hair like her?" Then off  to the hair store to get more products. I'd get frustrated when my hair didn't turn out like hers.  Anyway, when I matured  I realized that there was so much more to me than just my hair and I needed to accept and love what I had. I begin to take care if it, love it, and it loved me back.  Let's accepted that we're all unique and let's compliment and embrace our differences. I find out later that the person I envied, had the same thoughts towards me. What a vicious cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment