Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Beginning....

For as far back as I can remember, hair has been a big deal in my life.  From the days of the press and curl, jerry curl, afro, perms, weaves, braids, and so on. I've learned that hair is a big part of our identity, and has an impact on our emotions. I remember the days I hated to leave the house if my hair wasn't right. Being African American, getting my hair wet was a HUGE no-no. And that's partly the reason I don't know how to swim today. I didn't even want to workout because I didn't want to "sweat my hair out."  It's not like that anymore. I'm on team natural and I love it.  Looking back I can say that  I've learned lessons from dealing with my hair about how to wait, take risks, to not being envious of someone else's hair and so much more. Walk with me as I share my findings and my heart. I hope I can inspire all that read this blog to first understand that we are so much more than our hair.  Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, hairmojis.

No comments:

Post a Comment