Monday, April 4, 2016

Get to the Root of the Matter

It was time to wash my daughter's hair this weekend and I noticed  that water was draining slow. I had a feeling it was clogged with hair and I began my investigation.   I got my tools and start working on the drain, pulling out the strands of hair I could see on the top. When I thought I had cleared the drain, I ran the water, waited, and it was still draining slow! I had to get a pair of pliers  to get a little deeper and out came this nasty clog of hair. It smelled bad, it looked bad, and I almost puked! I ran the water, and it drained perfectly. That got me to thinking about life and how we can have issues that we don't address quickly and over time, it builds up and slows down the natural flow of things. It's not good enough to just scratch the surface, we have to get to the root of the matter. The lesson I learned from hair is to address issues as they come, don't let them fester and block progress.  Get to the root of the matter and get things running smoothly again.

No comments:

Post a Comment