Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Product Review #1 KeraVada & Fekkai


Image result for review pictures



Hello, my conditioners! I hope this blog finds you well.

This is my first product review. This is all my opinion and I believe I'm entitled to that right? Well, here it goes.

I wanted to try the http://www.fekkai.com/shop/essential-shea-conditioner when I saw it at Walgreens on the clearance rack. I was shocked that it originally cost $20.00 and it was on sale for $9.99.  The first time I tried it, I loved it! It had everything I look for in a conditioner. The original price is kind of rich, but I didn't need to use a lot of it. I used it on my daughter's hair and it delivered good results every time. I hate I ran out of it.  If you can afford it, get it. It's worth the money.

The Pros:

  1. Great slip
  2. Awesome smell
  3. Manageable hair
  4. Absorbs into the hair.
The cons:
  1. Price


Now to http://www.keravada.com/creme-brulee-3-day-hair-moisturizer/ I paid overall $20.00 for this product after shipping and handling.
I had my eyes on this product for a long time and I was excited to find a product that is said to help us low porosity hair ladies (here's a link to help http://www.keravada.com/blog/solve-your-low-porosity-problem-is-simple-but-may-take-a-few-tries/). When it finally arrived in the mail, I couldn't wait to use it.  I washed, deep conditioned my hair, opened the bottle and I was hit with the smell of caramel it was kind of strong. I poured a small amount onto my fingers and rubbed my fingers together. The cream is lightweight and fluffy. I applied the hair butter to my hair. Instantly I was somewhat disappointed. I didn't get the slip I was looking for. It seemed like it just disappeared and my hair didn't feel moisturized. 

I decided to wait and see if it was because I just washed my hair and maybe my hair was too wet to take the product. A few days later I tried it again and I got the same results. My hair smelled good, though. I was also sad that it didn't work well with other products I use. I'd have little white balls in my hair. Who knows what I'm talking about? I call that "not playing well with others". Well, I took a step back and decided to read the label and see if I actually had what I was looking for which was a leave-in conditioner. I didn't have a leave-in. I had a hair butter.
 That's why it's important to read, read, read. I was supposed to, of course, use their caramel souffle leave-in first and then apply the butter. Maybe I'll try that method first which means I'd be paying close to $20.00 again for what I should have got the first time. I'm not sure I want to do that. I'm now searching what I can use that it will "play well" with. I'm too cheap to pay $20.00 bucks again. Overall, I say give it a try if you have can afford to take a chance, if you don't like it, they give full refunds on purchase within 30 days of purchase. 

Pros:

  • Paraben & silicone free
  • Lite formula
  • Ph balanced
  • Great ingredients
  • Nice smell (if you like smelling like a caramel apple)
Cons:

  • Price
  • Didn't work well with my other products.
  • Smell is kind of too strong.

These are among some the more pricey products I've tried. Don't feel like the more you pay, the better the product. If you want to get the most out of your purchase, it's important to know your hair type, the ingredients in the product, and make sure to follow the instructions. I'll be sharing with you more reasonable products that can do wonders for your hair. Stay tuned for those reviews. There's going to be a lot of trial and error on this healthy hair journey. I hope I can shed some light to help you along your way so you won't have many mishaps and have a cabinet full of dusty products you don't use. I know what I'm talking about. 

Be a part of the hairmoji tribe. Follow, share, and comment below. I'd love to hear your thoughts and answer any questions you have. I'd love to help you.

What is your staple conditioner and leave-in?
Have you tried any of the products I reviewed today? Let me know what you think.

Follow, share, comment below.

Hair: Ponytail
Emotion: Happy










No comments:

Post a Comment