Tuesday, April 19, 2016

I Don't Need Permission!

Emotion:
I've decided to be myself and not worry about what others think. Life is too short to waste my energy on trying to please everybody.  If you make one person happy, the other one will have a problem. And the crazy cycle never ends.

Time out! No more! I don't need permission to be me!
Have you ever wanted to say that out loud?
Well, if you're going aginst status quo, you're speaking loud and clear. Actions speak louder than words.

There's a freedom to letting go of people pleasing and finding your true purpose.
I encourage all that are reading this blog to discover who you are and love yourself. Know that you have a purpose and you're special and most importantly, you're needed.
Don't wait for permission. Go. Be yourself. 

Hair:

Here are a few things I've heard in my lifetime.
My answers are in bold.

  • Your hair is nappy, you should straighten it. I like it in the natural state. 
  • You shouldn't wear ponytails. Don't you know any other styles? Maybe, but I like it this way. 
  • If I had hair like yours, I'd...well you don't, sorry. 

We don't have to have the same hair type in order to understand emotions.  Emotions are universal. And most of us have hair.

Take a risk, stop hiding the real you.  Your decision could make a huge impact. If your decision offends, just apologize.  I've heard it said, " it's better to ask forgiveness than to get permission". 

If you're feeling what I'm saying, share something you've been through. Comment below. 


Hair: Ponytail
Emotion: Free


No comments:

Post a Comment